A Rocha Kenya offers you an amazing opportunity to experience how Conservation and Christianity go together through practical involvement in our work.
Register for our Summer Field Course this July at Mwamba for a lifetime experience! You will be able to visit different work areas interacting with our staff as you get involved in specific tasks and learn as well as share skills and expertise. The Journal Club (studying a scientific paper together) and our Green Bible Study will offer an opportunity to share on ways to put faith and creation care into perspective. Staying at our Mwamba Field Study Center is extremely amazing and the same counts for working together with other volunteers and our Kenyan staff. More so; the warm waters of the Indian Ocean a few meters away will be there waiting for you!
What to expect…
• Go out at sunset with your binoculars to learn about the East African birds. Assist with bird ringing and bird counts (Mwamba, Sabaki and Mida Creek).
• Go out rock pooling with our Marine team and learn more about our Marine eco-systems.
• Help restore a mangrove habitat as you assist with planting mangroves at Mida Creek.
• Visit our conservation farming project “Farming God’s way” in Dakatcha.
• Visit the Arabuko Sokoke Forest with our experienced guide David, who extensively understands the forest.
• Learn more about our ASSETS eco-scholarships scheme and visit an ASSETS school.
• Help a local group (Watamu Marine Association) with beach cleanups and attend the art workshop to make something valuable out of the rubbish.
• Assist Mwamba look even brighter, by painting a building and pruning the Nature Trail.
• Visit the Gede Ruins, go for a canoe trip at Mida Creek, learn about turtles at Turtle Watch and go out to Malindi.
The Summer Field Course will be held in July; arrivals are expected between the1st to3rd of July. The program will then start with two days of orientation on the 4th and 5th; this will help you learn more about A Rocha Kenya, the Kenyan culture and basic Kiswahili as well taking part in team building activities. After a Sunday of resting on the 6th, the program commences on the 7th and ends at the 27th of July.
There will be a few extra ‘farewell days’ from the 28th till the 31st of July. On these days you are free to stay at Mwamba, go out for a safari or as well depart to share the amazing experience with friends and family!
The Summer Field Course will cost $1230 equivalent to €895. The price covers full board accommodation from the 1st till the 31st of July. It includes all the program, outings and transportation costs.
KARIBUNI! (To sign in or more information: firstname.lastname@example.org)